ANGORA GOAT SHOW
Judge: Dr. Fred Speck • Kerrville, Texas
Dr. Fred Speck is a 5th generation Texas Angora goat producer. His grandfather gave him eight registered angora does and one buck to start his own herd when he was eight years old. Today, Fred is active as a 4-H leader and is superintendent of the Texas Open Youth An- gora Goat Show in Kerrville, Texas. This show is the largest Angora goat show in the US. Fred is a well-known Angora goat judge and has judged in Australia, England, and Canada and throughout the US. His ranch, Speck Angoras is home to over 600 Angora goats.
LOT:P. Registered Angora Goats – must be registered with the American Angora Goat Breeder’s Association or white goats registered with the Colored Angora Goat Breeders Association.
Q. 2017 Colored Angora Goat Breeders Association National Show: Natural Colored Angora Goats – must be registered or recorded with the Colored Angora Goat Breeders Association.
ANGORA GOAT CLASS:
- Junior Buck Kids – born February 15-April 1, 2017.
- Senior Buck Kids – born December 1, 2016-February 14, 2017.
- Pair Buck Kids – bred and owned by exhibitor. Must be shown in class 1 and 2.
- Yearling Bucks – less than 24 months old.
- Aged Bucks – 2 years and older.
- Junior Doe Kids – born February 15-April 1, 2017.
- Senior Doe Kids – born December 1, 2016-February 14, 2017.
- Pair Doe Kids – bred and owned by exhibitor. Must be shown in class 6 and 7.
- Yearling Does – less than 24 months old.
- Aged Does – 2 and 3 years old.
- Aged Does – 4 years and older.
- Breeders Young Flock – 1 buck kid, 2 doe kids – bred and owned by exhibitor. Must have been shown in classes 1 or 2 and 6 or 7.
- Best Fleece – judge’s choice.
ANGORA GOAT CUP
A champion goat, colored or white, will be chosen for this award. This cup is a perennial trophy donated by the Black Sheep Newsletter.
ATTENTION ANGORA GOAT BREEDERS
Colored Angora Goat Registry Inspection TrainingSharon Chestnutt20 students
Sunday, June 25, 9am-1pm
COST: $65 ($75 for trainers) plus Inspection Manual fee: $20
CONTACT: CAGBA for manual or pick up in class.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Those wishing to become Trainers must have taken the Registry Inspector Class previously. There is an extra fee for Trainers. This class will be held in the Angora Goat Barn Show Ring.
CLASS DESCRIPTION: Sharon Chestnutt leads this training workshop specially structured for those interested in becoming Registry Inspectors or Inspector Trainers. This workshop includes both classroom and hands-on practice. During the class time, participants will discuss the registry standard and inspection process in depth and then complete the class with actual inspections. Participants must have a copy of the CAGBA Inspection Manual or purchase one at the class.
INSTRUCTOR'S BIO: Sharon is the owner of Cloudspun Angoras, a herd that has produced many white and natural colored Champions. She was the founder of the Colored Angora Goat Record which grew to become the Colored Angora Goat Breeders Association. Sharon developed the initial Registry Inspection program and is the author of several editions of the "Inspector Training Manual." She is also the author of the newly published book, Raising Angora Goats for Beautiful Mohair.