ANGORA GOAT SHOW
Judge: Bonnie Pember Naumann • Bandera, Texas
Bonnie Pember Naumann was born and raised in Bandera, Texas. Her father, Mike Pember, was one of the premier Angora goat producers in the region and she grew up showing Angoras and judging wool and mohair with her local 4H program. Today, Bonnie and her husband Dale travel to many fiber festivals selling their mohair products and judging local, state and National shows. She has served as president of the AAGBA and is currently the secretary-treasurer of the Mohair Council of America. She and her husband Dale have been married for 34 years and have two children, three grandchildren and her grand-daughter is the sixth generation to raise and show Angora goats!
LOTS:P. Registered Angora Goats – must be registered with the Ameri can Angora Goat Breeder’s Association or white goats registered with the Colored Angora Goat Breeders Association.
Q. Colored Angora Goat - Natural Colored Angora Goats – must be registered or recorded with the Colored Angora Goat Breeders Association.
ANGORA GOAT CLASS:
- Junior Buck Kids – born February 15 - April 1, 2020.
- Senior Buck Kids – born December 1, 2019 - February 14, 2020.
- Pair Buck Kids – bred and owned by exhibitor. Must be shown in class 1 and 2.
- Yearling Bucks – less than 24 months old.
- Aged Bucks – 2 years and older.
- Junior Doe Kids – born February 15 - April 1, 2020.
- Senior Doe Kids – born December 1, 2019 - February 14, 2020.
- Pair Doe Kids – bred and owned by exhibitor. Must be shown in classes 6 and 7.
- Breeders Young Flock – 1 buck kid, 2 doe kids – bred and owned by exhibitor. Must have been shown in classes 1 or 2 and 6 or 7.
- Yearling Does – less than 24 months old.
- Aged Does – 2 and 3 years old.
- Aged Does – 4 years and older.
- *Special Yearling Class: 2 entries per exhibitor, either sex, white or colored not to be shown in any other class. (to be held after the white show). *See below for details.*
- Best Fleece – judge's choice.
ANGORA GOAT CUP
A champion goat, colored or white, will be chosen for this award. This cup is a perennial trophy donated by the Black Sheep Newsletter.
*ATTENTION ANGORA GOAT BREEDERS
We offer a special Fleece and Conformation Yearling Class: yearling goat either sex, white or colored, not to be shown in any other class. These goats will first be shown in full fleece and then sheared. The goats and their fleeces will then be judged again. For many years we have wondered what body faults hide under a fleece and how fleece judging varies on and off the goat. This class will attempt to answer these questions.
Not everyone will be able to shear their own goats so we are looking for shearers ready to help. Shearing will be $10 per goat: pay the shearer directly.