List of All Classes &
- Class Filled
- Class & Wait List Filled
- Brioche Wristers – JC Briar
- Felted Cat Cave – Loyce Ericson
- Mosaic Knitting: Colorwork the Easy Way – Harry Wells
- Navajo Style Spindling – Christine Thomas-Flitcroft
- Beginning Rigid Heddle – Diane McKinnon
- Beginning Spinning: The Magic of Adding Twist – Shelia January
- Dye Your Own Fiber – Allison Harding
- Exploring the Drum Carder – Henry and Roy Clemes
- Frac! That! – Fractal Spinning for Fun – Linda Hansen
- How to Make an Art (Spirit) Doll – Patti Barker
- Organic Indigo – Linda Hartshorn
- Using Your Stash – Judith MacKenzie
- Felted Fingerless Gloves – Loyce Ericson
- Next Steps in Brioche – JC Briar
- Oops! Fixing Common Mistakes/Learning How to Read your
- Knitting – Harry Wells
- Spinning the Orenburg Way – Galina A. Khmeleva
- Black Sheep Gathering: Fleece in Your Hands – Judith MacKenzie
- Felted Sheep: Basic Sculptural Needle Felting – Miranda Rommel
- Plying with Confidence – Shelia January
- Shaping with Short Rows – Harry Wells
- SpinPossible: Tweed Yarns with Silk Inclusions – Michael Kelson
- Color Theory on the Drum Carder – Henry and Roy Clemes
- Create Your Own Dye Recipe Book – Day 1 of 2 – Terry Mattison
- Dye Your Own Yarn – Allison Harding
- Felted Ruffled Scarf – Flora Carlile-Kovacs
- Indigo Shibori – Linda Hartshorn
- Navajo Hand Spinning – Sarah H. Natani and Tahnibaa Naataanii
- Rigid Heddle Loom: Advanced Techniques – Diane McKinnon
- Advanced Twists on Twists: Reversible, Multi-color, Two Colored
- and Textured Cables – Harry Wells
- Beginning Inkle Loom – Barbara diJeannene
- Combing and Carding for Spinning Success – Shelia January
- Shifting Light: Spinning Shade, Tint and Tone – Judith MacKenzie
- SpinPossible: Loft, Stable Singles – Michael Kelson
- Beginning Rug Hooking – Hook a Flock of Sheep – Judy Taylor
- Charts Made Essential – JC Briar
- Embellished Needle Felted Patch or Brooch – Allison Harding
- Exploring Spinning Techniques on a Turkish Spindle – W. Jenkins
- Painted Skeins and Warps – Linda Hartshorn
- Russian Style Continental Knitting – Galina A. Khmeleva
- Shearing on Your own – Susie Wilson
- Spinning Angora – Janet Deutmeyer
- Spinning Cabled Yarns – Judith MacKenzie
- Create Your Own Dye Recipe Book – Day 2 of 2 – Terry Mattison
- Felted Sculpted Hat – Flora Carlile-Kovacs
- Small Gifts Made of Sheepskin – Anette Skoog
- Coil Wrap Basket – Jill Colbert
- Lace Basics – JC Briar
- Nuno Felt Trellis Shawl – Patti Barker
- Pin Loom Weaving – Hazel Spencer
- Spinning Long Wools – Janet Deutmeyer
- SpinPossible: Spinner’s Study – Down Breed Fibers – M. Kelson
- Spinning Silk Hankies Without Tears – Barbara diJeannene
- Spinning the Camelids – Alpaca, Llama and Camel – Shelia January
Workshop Registration 2019
Workshop Registration is Now Open
All registrations will be on-line.
Once again the Black Sheep Gathering is excited to offer an inspiring array of workshops for fiber enthusiasts, taught by some of the best fiber artist and animal husbandry instructors from the Northwest and beyond. Unless otherwise noted in the workshop descriptions, the workshops will be held at several buildings at the Linn County Expo Center, see the map coming soon.. Workshops are held during all three days of the Gathering — Friday, July 5, Saturday, July 6 and Sunday, July 7, 2019.
Registration Closes the morning of June 22, 2019. After this date we will not give refunds for workshop cancellations unless another person fills the canceled space from the waiting list. If your space is filled, cancellation fees will apply (see section on cancellation). In-person registration will be available at the start of the Friday morning check-in on July 5, 2019.
Morning and all day workshops begin at 9am and afternoon workshops begin at 1:30pm. Check-in times are 8:15-9am and 12:45pm-1:30pm respectively. Students need to check in at the convention center unless otherwise advised.
Problems or Questions:
If you have any problems, or questions about your registration, please contact Tamara Andreas, Workshops Registration Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Workshop Registration During the Black Sheep Gathering:
We will register people for workshops that have openings during the Black Sheep Gathering on a first-come first-served basis.
You will receive confirmation of your registration by e-mail. The confirmation notice will provide you with: The names and times of your workshops, as well materials required. There will also be a link to your registration record. If you do not receive your confirmation e-mail in your inbox, please check your junk/spam filters. If you do not find it there, please let us know and we will get it to you.
We will keep a waiting list of up to 5 people for each workshop. Names will be placed on waiting lists in the order that requests are received. If someone cancels out of a workshop prior to the Black Sheep Gathering, we will contact the first person on the list and offer them the space. You will have 2 days to respond, after which we will move to the next person in line.
If you do not make it on to the waiting list, we will let you know. You cannot be enrolled in a workshop and be on the waiting list for another workshop that is occurring at the same time.
All-day classes include a 1½-hour break from 12-1:30pm to allow ample time for lunch and shopping.